- Monitor humidity levels, keeping the relative humidity below 65%, running a dehumidifier if necessary. Hygrometers can be purchased at a local hardware store.
- Encourage active airflow throughout the building. Open windows, clean and or add roof top ventilation.
- Utilize bathroom and kitchen fans. Make sure they vent to the outside, not simply the attic.
- Ventilate dryer exhaust outside.
- Maintain air gap between furniture and exterior walls.
- Clean and dry windows often, especially single pane, aluminum frame style.
- Periodically check plumbing fixtures for signs of water leaks.
- Maintain comfortable temperatures all living quarters, including basement. As temperatures drop the potential for localized condensation increases.
- Insulate basement walls, piping and in older homes, the exterior walls.
- Prevent sprinklers from hitting your home.
- Clean gutters regularly and check downspouts from proper draining.
- Clean and inspect roof regularly.
Yesteryear’s Service. Tomorrow’s Technology. Call Titanium Today!
1 877 7 TITANIUM